Friday, February 15, 2013

FIREHOUSE DRESSER & VERTICAL TYPOGRAPHY

Our latest furniture project - a waterfall chest of drawers.



I applied a pretty thin coat of paint on the drawers because I liked the look of the wood grain coming through.






Here it is with the graphic all filled in.




I think the entire process of adding the graphic took me about 3 hours.  



I waited a couple days then distressed, glazed and sealed it.  


I struggled with whether or not to fill one of the holes from the old hardware and change it out completely.  However, in the end I decided I liked the contrast of the brass, they reminded us of the the old brass couplings on a fire engine.





$275
On display at BROCANTE THE MARKET.
(Downtown Skiatook)

Thanks for stopping by!
Clydia


Enter your email
to have MANGO SEED DESIGNS posts sent to your inbox.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Read more: http://www.trickiezone.com/2013/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html#ixzz2RrfdAtMl